John Adams Elementary School Vision
At John Adams Elementary we are committed to the continued focus on student engagement where:
- Set learning goals and track progress
- Demonstrate perseverance and stamina in all settings (i.e. whole group, small group, independent).
- Work productively in cooperative groups through inquiry, exploration, evaluation, and discussion.
- Create a safe environment, both physically and emotionally, and academically, through the consistent use of school-wide expectations.
- Use appropriate classroom management techniques and set procedures to ensure student success.
- Provide cooperative opportunities that support learning and allow for productive struggle as a means to deepen student understanding.
- Assess progress, provide feedback and evaluate overall results through a systematic goal-setting process .
- Administration provides continuing education opportunities for all educators.
- Administration collaborates with educators to strategically determine classroom placement and schedules appropriate support to meet the needs of all learners.
- Culture fosters an environment of belonging, acceptance and community for students, educators and families.
- Bring children to school on time and ready to learn.
- Ensure the academic and behavioral needs of their child(ren) are met through open and on-going communication with educators.
- Consistently and regularly support the academic and behavioral decisions made by faculty and staff for all students.